The short dress. There are about a million reasons why a short wedding dress may be the perfect choice for your wedding day, but we will just name twelve.
1. They are super-stylish.
2. You can show off your awesome shoes.
3. They are practical: you can walk, dance, keep cool, and move without worrying about people stepping on your dress. Or tripping over yourself.
4. Often, they are bit more affordable.
5. They are versatile. Whether your wedding is country chic (find one with lace), artsy (find one with an interesting shape and unique details), vintage (find one with sequins), rustic (more lace!), courthouse (anything would do, maybe find a peplum), or beach (find one with a light, airy fabric), a short dress can fit right in.
6. Most people do not choose them, so thus, you would be different from everybody else.
7. If to-the-knee is a little too short for you, try a tea-length dress. They are fun, and they still show off your shoes.
8. You can show off your great legs.
9. If you can’t commit to having a short dress for your entire wedding day, they are still a fun idea for the reception. You can dance and twirl without getting hot, and you won’t tire from lugging a big, pouffy dress around.
10. They can be less expensive than a full-length gown.
11. You can pair it with a French-net hairpiece or an embellished comb, instead of fussing with a veil.
12. They manifest sophistication.
“Harlow” by Nicole Miller is our pick for “Dress of the Week.” It is a shortie with lace and an illusion neckline. It is a perfect example of a versatile, short dress. She would be great for both outdoor and indoor weddings. Whether the venue is a courthouse or a garden, “Harlow” would make any bride feel stunning on her wedding day.